16 May 2010

Anything you can do, I can do better!

Anything you can do, I can do better.  Anything you can do, I can do better than you!  LOL!  So, I went to my Pacesetter's Luncheon, and we had a yummy lunch.  Anytime I have a yummy lunch I always look at it and try to figure out how to make it.

So, that's just what I did.  While out on my hunt for the best May strawberries I found some leeks and fresh looking oyster mushrooms. Have you ever seen better looking leeks?  Look at all that white stem!


This dish also made me move out of my comfort zone to make buerre blanc.  Butter whipped into submission with shallots etc.  So, my buerre blanc which was colored with the slight pink of the shallots on the bottom.  Then chicken breast stuffed with leeks, mushrooms and in this case Parmesan cheese (because that's what I had), rolled in bread crumbs and baked for an hour. I finished it off with mashed potatoes and freshly cut chives.  It was delicious.  It's a recipe to remember - that's for sure!

4 comments:

carly said...

You are such an amazing cook.

Amy said...

Anything I can cook you can cook better....SO TRUE! Caroline you are an amazing cook you put my barely mediocre skills to shame! So yummy!

Laura said...

fun!

Sara Lee said...

mmm mmm I can taste it from here. What kind of camera do you have? You always have such good pictures.